Monday, May 18, 2009

~ Happy Teacher's Day ~


This Teachers’ Day I would like to thank my many teachers who have influenced me one way or another. It saddens me that some of them are no longer with us. Their good work will be remembered. I am glad that I had taken time to say thank you and keep in touch with some of them.

I seem to be in the time of my life when I can reminiscent. So I will. I remember my first Teachers’ Day as a student. We were in Standard One. I don’t remember any other Teachers’ Day celebration after that. The next time I was involved in a Teachers’ Day celebration, I had become a teacher myself, almost 14 years later. That is another chapter in my life which I won’t go into this time. We do need to celebrate our teachers. They deserve it. Even those who weren’t wonderful, they taught us what we shouldn’t be. I have been blessed with many many wonderful teachers. Without offending any I would like to mention just a few.

So this year, let us not forget our teachers who made us what we are. A special word of thanks to all my students who have also been my teachers and are now teachers themselves to others. God bless! Don’t lose heart. Keep the passion alive.

0 comments: